…discovering the future through our past….
Owned and operated by Daffodilian Lauralee Smith, Vintage Violet specializes in unique vintage goods. “While I plan to carry a few new items in my merchandise inventory, I’m most interested in helping to create a brighter future by embracing our past…and that past includes our “things…” our dishes and linens, our clothing and our arts.”
Lauralee will offer workshops in the cleaning and repair of vintage items ~ check the DDT Announcements Board for details of upcoming workshops.
Starting in the Spring of 2015, the shop will also host Quilting Bees. Lauralee is also researching the possibilities of lessons in what she calls the “vintage arts,” such as knitting, crochet, rug hooking, counted cross-stitch, and embroidery.
Anyone with items they are interested in selling or trading, please contact Lauralee at the shop. While this is not a consignment shop, some items may be considered for consignment. Check with Lauralee for details.
Along with our regular merchandise, stop by to check out of revolving “Purple Party” display! It is a rotating display of various shades of purple vintage goods. Enjoy….
- China & Dishes: Teapots; vases; transferware; some full dinnerware sets available
- Linens: Table linens, kitchen towels; aprons; bed linens
- Jewelry: Rhinestones; Bakelite; brooches; necklaces; earrings; cufflinks
- Clothing: All eras, mostly from 1930s on; some vintage patterns available
- Toys: Trucks & cars; dolls;
- Music: Vinyl (78s; 45s; 33 1/3 LPs); some instruments…especially vintage ukeleles
- Electronics: Clocks, radios, record players
- Holiday: Christmas, Halloween, and vintage Night of Narcissus decorations
- 246 Main Street, Daffodil Township MO ~ at the corner of Red Oak and Main
- Tuesday-Thursday: 9:00AM – 6:00PM
- Friday: 10:00AM – 8:00PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:00PM
- Sunday-Monday: Closed (with some exceptions)