Locally owned and operated by Tanner Smith, The Book House proudly stands as a true indie book shop. “Shopping local is just smart,” he states. “Our customers are also our friends and neighbors. And supporting locally-owned businesses is good for the environment: less packaging and less transportation creates a smaller carbon footprint. It’s something we should all think about.”
The Book House is home to the Daffodil Township Book Club. The group meets the second and fourth Wednesday of each month to discuss novels, non-fiction, or collections of short stories. Books are selected quarterly and any member can nominate a book for the group to read. The group also hosts the annual Coffee & Clues weekend in which participants are only given a limited number of pages to read at a time and they come together for coffee tasting and brainstorming session to try to figure out “whodunit.” Coffee & Clues is held the weekend after Thanksgiving.
The Daffodil Township Writers Group also meets at The Book House. If you are a writer interested in joining, stop by the shop and ask Tanner for details.
- New books: Paperbacks, hardbacks, best-sellers
- Used books: Large selection of science fiction, mystery, and military history
- Rare books: Specializing in WWII history as well as historical documents and photos from Daffodil Township, Smithville, and Wright Station
- Local products: Grandpa Harry’s BBQ Sauce
- 15 Red Oak, Daffodil Township MO ~ at the corner of Red Oak and Main
- Tuesday-Thursday: 9:00AM – 6:00PM
- Friday: 10:00AM – 8:00PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:00PM
- Sunday-Monday: Closed (with some exceptions)